On the Dutch Caribbean ouir client is a medium-sized player in the accountancy and consultancy market in Curaçao, Bonaire and St. Maarten. More over than 50 professionals are employed in the Caribbean, who are directly connected with the entrepreneur. We do this not only in Curaçao, Bonaire and St. Maarten, but also in the international network that covers more than a hundred countries. Our client is one of the top ten accounting firms worldwide!
At ease and flexible: That is what we often hear from our customers. And that's right. Because we are and feel like a no-nonsense accountancy- and consultancy firm. Our people are highly educated, are among the best in their field, and behave extremely professionally. They work hard, but they always keep an eye on the balance between work and private life. With this pragmatic attitude, they have grown into one of the best players in the accountancy and consultancy market.
You have or are:
- Master's degree in Accountancy and completed your CPA/RA/ACCA or AA certification;
- Approx 5-6 years prior work history including significant public accounting experience in audit;
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work;
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills;
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and Dutch GAAP;
- Proficient in English / preferably Dutch.
Your new job comes with responsibilities
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through completion. The role will require good knowledge in Dutch and International Auditing Standards as well as Dutch GAAP and IFRS. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing to audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets, and supervising the companies audit process. This will include:
- Supervising and, when necessary, completing the preparation of working paper files, and financial statements;
- Overseeing and directing the budgeting, planning, coordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximized recoverability;
- Providing both technical and project management leadership skills to team members for Bookkeeping and Accounting projects as well as Audit engagements;
- Assisting in the direction and training of staff, reviewing completed files to ensure quality of work;
- Prioritizing projects, establish budgets and assigning staff to meet client deadlines;
- Continually maintaining a positive client relationship and identifying possible new business opportunities with existing clients;
- Participation in delivering formal project/team performance review and/or giving effective input to reviewers on team members;
- Assist the Director and the Partner (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly;
- Preparation of reports to Senior Management and Audit Committees.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for the more junior members of your team.
What is waiting for you? Our Client offers a dynamic job in an open, informal and supportive work environment, as well as excellent primary and secondary employment terms, commensurate with your level of education and experience. Strong point: they also offer you the possibility to balance your work-and private life.Direct solliciteren Meer vacatures